AMPATH Oncology Pediatric Burkitt and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma SSA Program
This program aims to decrease mortality and morbidity associated with pediatric Burkitt lymphoma and ultimately improve the overall survival at one year of pediatric Burkitt lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma at AMPATH.
To accomplish these aims, the program is:
- Creating community awareness of pediatric Burkitt lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma in endemic areas in western Kenya.
- Improving, strengthening, and sustain pathology diagnostics in pediatric Burkitt lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma at AMPATH Oncology and collaborating centers.
- Developing standard methods of submitting clinical information about specific patients and providing standardized reports.
- Promoting the use of telepathology to improve the quality of diagnoses and providing education.
- Bolstering health professional education in cancer care with a focus on lymphoma care.
- Creating a sustainable treatment model for pediatric Burkitt lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma patients that is scalable by collaborating partners with specific treatment pathways and outcome measures.
Contact: Terry Vik, MD